Deliciously flavored, this low-calorie split pea soup, rich in fiber
and minerals, contributes greatly to the fight against
anemia, osteoarthritis and arrhythmia.
Servings : 6
Preparation : 10 minutes
Cook time : 30 à 35 minutes
Per serving (1 cup) : 298 Kcal, 18 g protein, 44 g carbohydrates, 2 g fibers,
6 g lipids, 1 g saturated fat, 7 mg cholesterol, 298 mg sodium.
- 1 white of leek, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp of each of the following spices:
- Cinnamon, cumin, ground ginger, black pepper, turmeric and * fenugreek
- A pinch of clove
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 6 cups of water (1,5 liters) or vegetable broth
- 1 cup (250 ml) of split peas, washed and drained
- 1 dozen spinach leaves, well washed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a saucepan, brown the leek and carrot in olive oil without coloring.
- Add the spices and cook for 1 minute on low heat.
- Add water or broth, garlic, split peas, and bring to a boil.
- Turn down the heat and simmer covered for about 35 minutes or until the split peas are tender.
- Incorporate spinach leaves, season, increase heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Serve.
You can decorate each serving of rye bread croutons, which you have previously coated with a little oil and roasted at 350F (180 C) for 15 to 20 minutes.
* If you use whole fenugreek seeds, spray them in a spice mill (or a coffee grinder does the trick).
Other article that might interest you :
Thank you for your interest in danstonassiette.com
Think about signing up for the newsletter and be the first to know about the new features.
Follow us on the different social networks to not miss anything !
A like or a share it's always fun !
In short, be in touch with you and knowing your opinion is important to us !
To report any technical problems please contact the webmaster via the form
Contact at the top right.
Note : Hyperlinks to other websites are not updated on an ongoing basis.
It's possible that a link become not found. Please use the search tools,
Such as Google or Bing, to find the desired information.
WARNING : The site [Dans ton Assiette (Website)] is not intended to diagnose,
treat, cure or prevent any disease.
The information contained in the site [Dans ton Assiette (Website)] is not a substitute
to medical treatment. Always follow your doctor's advice.