Here is a recipe that deviates from the usual preparations devoted to winter
squash. The seasoning based on fenugreek and turmeric she proposes, two magic spices, gives it an exotic relief.
Fenugreek, in particular, has an aroma reminiscent of curry.
Servings : 4
Preparation : 10 minutes
Cook time : 30 à 35 minutes
Per serving : 129 Kcal, 2 g protein, 25 g carbohydrates, 4 g fibers,
4 g lipids, 1 g saturated fat, o mg cholesterol, 299 mg sodium.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 medium onions, chopped (2 cups)
- 2 tsp of ground fenugreek seeds (see Ingredient note)
- ½ tsp of turmeric
- 1 pinch of Cayenne pepper
- 575 g (20 oz) of peeled butternut squash, diced 4 cm (1 ½ in (4 cups)
- 1 cup of water
- ½ tsp salt (to taste)
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- Heat the oil over medium heat in a pot. Brown the onion for 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently so that it is tender without taking color. Add fenugreek, turmeric and cayenne pepper. Stir for a few seconds then add squash, water and salt. Stir.
- When simmering, cover and cook over medium-low heat for 25 to 30 minutes to make the squash very tender. (Add a little water if necessary).
- Crush the squash roughly with a potato masher. Incorporate the lemon juice.
- There are 2/3 cups per serving. The leftovers keep for 2 days in the fridge in a covered dish and can be heated easily in the microwave.
Note on Ingredients : Turmeric, as well as fenugreek, is found among bulk foods sold in most health food stores, but also in Indian grocery stores.
If you are using whole fenugreek seeds, spray them in a spice mill (Or a coffee grinder reserved for spices made as well).
Enjoy your meal !
Thank you for your interest in danstonassiette.com
We invite you to leave a comment below to give your opinion.
Think about signing up for the newsletter and be the first to know about the new features.
Follow us on the different social networks to not miss anything !
A like or a share it's always fun !
In short, be in touch with you and knowing your opinion is important to us !
To report any technical problems please contact the webmaster via the form
Contact at the top right.
Note : Hyperlinks to other websites are not updated on an ongoing basis.
It's possible that a link become not found. Please use the search tools,
Such as Google or Bing, to find the desired information.
WARNING : The site [Dans ton Assiette (Website)] is not intended to diagnose,
treat, cure or prevent any disease.
The information contained in the site [Dans ton Assiette (Website)] is not a substitute
to medical treatment. Always follow your doctor's advice.