Healthy, tasty and crispy that your kids will enjoy! Tuna has omega-3 fatty acids and B vitamins that are very important for health.
Indeed regular consumption of tuna would reduce the risk of mortality from cardiovascular diseases.
These omega 3s also have anti-inflammatory effects, useful in the treatment of diseases such as asthma, rheumatoid arthritis, psoriasis and inflammatory bowel disease.
They would also contribute to the prevention of mood disorders such as depression.
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 30 min
Total Time: 40 min
- 2 can tuna fish
- 250 g potato, boiled, peeled and smashed
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 medium sized onion, finely chopped
- 1 green chili, finely chopped
- 1 inch ginger, grated
- Few curry leaves finely chopped (optional)
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala powder
- 1/4 tsp black pepper powder or to taste
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp. finely chopped coriander leaves
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- Oil to fry
- Drain the oil or water from the can and keep it aside.
- Heat a pan with olive oil, add fennel seeds and let it splutter.
- Add chopped onion, green chili, curry leaves and grated ginger, stir fry until they turn into golden brown.
- Add tuna, mash it by using wooden spatula and fry for one minute.
- Now add red chili powder, turmeric powder, garam masala powder, pepper powder and salt.
- Stir fry until tuna turns into golden brown. It takes 3 to 5 mins.
- Remove from the heat and let it cool for few mins.
- In a wide bowl, combine together mashed potato and tuna, mix well.
- Adjust salt and spice according to your taste.
- Add chopped coriander leaves, mix well and divide the mixture into 10 to 12 equal parts.
- Shape each part into a ball and flatten it.
- Take the beaten egg in a small ball and place the bread crumbs in a small plate.
- Dip each Pattie in egg mixture and roll in bread crumbs to coat fully and keep it aside.
- Do the same process for the remaining ones.
- Heat a pan with enough oil over medium heat, place 3 to 5 patties at a time and fry until they turn golden brown.
- Flip and fry the other side also. Transfer them on a plate over kitchen tissue.
- Crispy Tuna fish Cutlets or patties are ready to serve.
You can double the pleasure and freeze the surplus.
Enjoy your meal !
Did you know that eggplant is the richest source of antioxidants you can find, ranking at the same level as spinach
and sweet potato. Check out our recipe ideas table at:
What to do with eggplant (Recipe Ideas)
Thank you for your interest in danstonassiette.com
We invite you to leave a comment below to give your opinion.
Think about signing up for the newsletter and be the first to know about the new features.
Follow us on the different social networks to not miss anything !
A like or a share it's always fun !
In short, be in touch with you and knowing your opinion is important to us !
To report any technical problems please contact the webmaster via the form
Contact at the top right.
Note : Hyperlinks to other websites are not updated on an ongoing basis.
It's possible that a link become not found. Please use the search tools,
Such as Google or Bing, to find the desired information.
WARNING : The site [Dans ton Assiette (Website)] is not intended to diagnose,
treat, cure or prevent any disease.
The information contained in the site [Dans ton Assiette (Website)] is not a substitute
to medical treatment. Always follow your doctor's advice.